Its getting close but not there yet. What am I talking about? The official video from the Furious 7 soundtrack.
At time of going to press it was at 2,902,472,946 views (ish);
'Gangnam Style' by PSY, was launched 4 years ago and has just 5 million less views. As I mentioned back in 2014, Gangnam Style Breaks YouTube, and FYI, it is still a very catchy tune:
Justin Bieber comes third with his single 'Sorry' with only 300 million less, although it should be noted that the video is for a music single, not a movie, nor for a tribute to a dead actor. As I am not a teenage girl I am not qualified to judge Justin's talents, sufficed to say, 'well done young man'. Oh, and he isn't even in the video!
Which is a mere 300 million more than Maroon 5's 'Sugar' ;
So I guess we can conclude that music is the reason most people flock to YouTube. YouTube is wanted more for it's audio than it's video - interesting, very interesting!
Wednesday, July 12, 2017
Thursday, December 10, 2015
I Do Love Me Some YouTube!
When locked into my tiny cubicle at Work I tend to hide the aircon and peripheral noise with headphones. And what better way to listen to music and watch crazy vids than the Tube that is You?
My faves in 2015:
5. Crazy Plastic Ball PRANK!!
4. Lip Sync Battle with Will Ferrell, Kevin Hart and Jimmy Fallon.
3. Justin Bieber Carpool Karaoke - and why JB isn't as evil as we all like to say.
2. Dwayne Johnson's Shake It Off
Its another lip-sync, I know, but it's a chap called The Rock who is going to be singing a girlie-girlie-girl song.
1. The SuperBowl ads this year were rather boring, even for an advertising geek such as myself. Instead, as my pick for best video of the year, I pick a video that has made me smile, made me frown, made me think twice about life. You know, because that's what YouTube videos should be doing!
John Legend - All of Me
YouTube themselves have created a video which tries to capture the essence of the most popular 2015 YouTube clips
Personally, I think they fail. Don't get me wrong, I love Google. I live for Google! But this video just tries too hard. And thus fails. Its like they're saying all the punchlines to 101 jokes that we only know a few of.