Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Monster Hunter Legion - Limited Signed Edition

Some people call me a space cowboy yeah, Some call me the gangster of love,Some people call me Maurice,Cause' I speak of the pompetous of love.
None of which is true about me at all whatsoever. 

However, when the great lyrics continue;
Cause' I'm a picker, I'm a grinner, I'm a lover, and I'm a sinner, playin' my music in the sunI'm a joker, I'm a smoker, I'm a mid-night toker, I get my lovin' on the run
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh

Yes, there is a bit of me in that. But I'd change just one thing. I'm a reader. I'm a voracious reader. My home library has over 500 books. 

Library
Ambrose, Clancy, Baldacci, Kathy Reichs, Keegan, Kotler, Burford, Chambers, Robert Mason, Linderer, Silva, Griffin, Cornwell, and yes, the list goes on.

And that list has been added to by a young and exciting author named Larry Correia. 

So what's so great about Correia's writing? I can't explain (which is probably why he is the author and I'm the fanboy  blogger!)

He writes about vampires and orcs and ogres and werewolves, special powers, normal humans and past events. Things I would not touch with a bargepole in any other book I have read. Ever.

English: New York Times Bestseller Larry Corre...
New York Times Bestseller Larry Correia
The way he writes about them really brings them to life and into a reality but in a way that gives them personality and drive. Its funny, cute, interesting, thrilling, enthralling, sad and real.

A mother-in-law who is a vampire. A foe who is an ogre. A friend who is a werewolf. An ornamental gnome who kicks his ass...

Don't take my word for it, go over to his website and read about him and then go buy the books!

kthanxbai!

http://jumblerant.blogspot.com
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment