Sunday, May 24, 2009

Whiteflash.be on Facebook

I received 4 messages today from friends on Facebook, each of them had the title "Look at this" and the body had just one sentence 'www . whiteflash .be". Not being a complete nonce I didn't click on the link - as they obviously had!
goldbase.be
Apparently the site whiteflash.be looks like a Facebook log-in page, and is designed to steal your credentials and use them to send similar messages to all your friends.

Which gets me to asking - why ? ? What do you get in return if you were the one who created this? Kudos from friends? A wry smile every now and then? Sorry, I don't get it.

If you do receive one of these Facebook emails, simply delete it - one of your friends is infected but not you. If you find, however, that your account is sending the mails:

1. As a precaution, go to your browser settings and clear your cookies.

2. Change your Facebook password

3. Make sure your antivirus software is up to date and run a full system scan

1 comment:

  1. I got like 2342343 of these damn things! FYI, i'm back with medicthree.com, and courtesyshock has been tabled! I know... like the 2342343th time I've changed.

    Anyways, you're blogrolled still.

    ReplyDelete