Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A variety of bloggage

Please accept my humblest apologies. In an attempt to upgrade my little corner of the blogworld I have been rearranging the blog layout. As a result, Mr Blogger has bestowed Jumblerant with a variety of bugs;

  • Google Analytics hasn't worked in 6 days (or you're not reading this)
  • Adsense ads were removed and then miraculously appeared
  • The shortening of the blog to 244 words in RSS was turned off - but enacted anyway

To combat Google Analytics' desertion I have started using the Koego software which brands itself as Blog Analytics. Its interesting to use but I do miss Google Analytics' no nonsense approach. The marketing team over at Koego are (hopefully) not English speakers as their interface has a selection of subtle grammatic mistakes. But the fact that they use the stats that bloggers want to see, and big yellow smiley faces, does endear them to me.

Whilst Google Analytics decided to abandon me I decided to retry a rather unique advertising software called Project Wonderful. What a super name!!!

Quite simply Project Wonderful allows bloggers and websites to decide on the location and size of an ad, then they submit it for auction. Currently, after 24 hours of running it, I am $0.08 in the black. WOOHOO!! I have found that the HTML from Project Wonderful played merry hell with Google Analytics on the site so be warned.

Again, thanks for your patience and if you hear of any good analytics software, or can tell me the difference between atom 2.0, 2.5 and RSS .92, 2.0 just type something in the comments.


kthanxbai!

No comments:

Post a Comment