Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Coming to a slow boil

My wife and son are American. I'm not. But I know what respect an honour are. A friend of mine, currently based in the US posted this as his facebook status:

Xxxx Xxxx is remembering the fallen by shopping the sales, bar-b-q and opening up of swimming pools

What an absolute pillock! A more rude, selfish and stupid phrase I have not heard in a long time.

He then had an open conversation with his wife which concluded with him saying:

I got jeans and shorts - I will remember the vets every time I wear them....

I'm hoping he doesn't read this blog but if he does.... well my opinion is still the same.

So if you have a friend who might have forgotten that Memorial Day is to remember the fallen here are a few blogs that you might like to get them to visit:



Part 16



Part 18


Hat tip to Bouhammer for the drawings

kthanxbai!

2 comments:

  1. Very well said! The U.S. never failes to dampen the true meaning of holidays!

    ReplyDelete