Tuesday, March 3, 2009

5 Brilliant Animations of Sully's Hudson River Landing + a gripey rant

I think we were all a bit 'gob-smacked' when Captain "Sully" Sullenberger landed his stricken US Airways jet in the Hudson River.

I'm an amateur, amateur, amateur trainee pilot. Did I mention I was an amateur? Anyway, I wanted to see what the pilots did to save so many lives and was directed to this web-page with 5 different simulations of the amazing landing.

http://blog.wired.com/cars/2009/03/us-airways-1549.html#more

Happy viewing.

-----

On a bit of a side-note, my Google Analytics code in Jumblerant was corrupted when I installed a non-Google based advertising widget. Not such a problem as I could probably contact all of my readers by text message (NARF!) but in the middle of it all, over at Marooned, Jay G mentioned this blog had been added to his Blogroll to his HUGE readership but I have no record of how many, if any, guests I had :-(

Wifey's due date for number 1 child was Sunday so theoretically I have more important things to worry about but in reality. . . .


kthanxbai!


No comments:

Post a Comment